Lamest blog post ever, but in reality, the only thing I’m motivated to do is gripe about why I’m not motivated enough, so here are the reasons I completely neglected my Friday Five:
1) I’ve been trying to figure out where I should live next semester. There was an offer to live in a house but that isn’t certain and if I am stuck in the dorms again I’ve been deciding which dorm I should let myself be stuck in. There are various pros and cons to every situation but in reality what it all comes down to is money, which just drains me. Always has and always will. Numbers are not my strong suit to begin with, and I dislike money especially because it always seems like there’s too much I need to pay for. Now that I have a steady job my financial situation is improving, but when I want to make changes like moving from the dorms to a house everything spirals out of control again. I’m slowly coming to terms with the fact I probably won’t ever be able to have an iPhone.
2) I’ve been devoting a lot of my energy to writing my final papers, which I am pleased to report are complete! No need to gripe here!
3) There are only two weeks left to the semester and then I have to go home, so I’m trying to spend time with as many of my friends as possible. One of my good friends is even moving back home, to New York, to go to school and so this is really my last chance to hang out with him. I’m going to miss Denton over the summer but not as much as I’ll miss the people I’m going to school with. I’ve gotten really close with many of them and I don’t know what I’ll do when they’re not just a minute away to hang out with.
4) There are ridiculous rules when it comes to cleaning out a dorm. I mean, I should have expected it, but I can’t believe I have to be out of the dorm by 5pm the day of my last final. I have a lot of stuff, most of which I’m going to be putting in a storage unit or giving away, but I am dreading that Friday when I’ll have to go to class, finish cleaning my dorm and packing my essentials, check out with an RA before 5pm, and drive six hours to get home. It’s not going to be fun.
5) The last thing I’d like to complain about are my attempts to get a summer job. I need to make quite a bit of money to rebuild my savings from living on it last year, so a summer job is quite crucial. I finally worked it out so I have two phone interviews that should happen this week, and hopefully one of these two will give me a decent-paying full-time summer job.
So that’s what I’ve been busy with, but because I have been so busy with all of this things have been starting to resolve, so I know I can deal with it. Just two more weeks!